Monday, January 29, 2007

The next step?

I have several reasons for wanting to do the Peace Corps. Firstly, as a recent college graduate, this is an excellent means of going to see the world in real life. I have this goal of seeing every country on Earth, and volunteering is a means to this end.

I’ve also got this idealistic streak in me that wants to try to make the world a better place. The goals of the this organization align closely with my own, and as a patriot and a human being I want to do my part to improve the human condition. Due to financial pressures or struggling to finish my degree, I’ve had little time to volunteer. Now that I am free from commitments I feel that I must.

I also have a practical reason for joining: future employment. As I recently acquired my degrees in sociology and political science, volunteering should exposing me to various government agencies and international organizations that I could potentially work for.

No comments: