Sunday, February 18, 2007

Manifest Destiny

I've got this idea for a space epic i've been thinking about for years now. At the moment its called 'Manifest Destiny' and its about the colonization of Earth's Moon and the rest of the solar system, set decades in the future. I want this to be 'hard' science fiction, so I'm unsure about what format to tell the story in.

Idealy it would be a television series, but the problems of reduced gravity present a real film-making difficulty. Not to mention the timescale issues, since live-action series are usually presented in real time (i.e. episodes shown a week apart occur a week apart).

I could do it in book form, or a series of books, but this would be so cool visually and series of short stories with interlocking arcs format never quite works for books.

I present this in comicbook form, but i have no idea how to break into the industry. My rusty skills as an artist make doing this even as a webcomic dificult, especally with the huge scope of this project.


So... thoughts? Suggestions?


Lurker
(wondering how much of Star Trek / Babylon 5 / Seaquest future history I can squeeze in without worrying about trademark infringement. Is the future copyrighted?)

1 comment:

Lurker said...

Oh! I forgot the cartoon/CG option. CG (computer generated graphics) is probably the way to go to depict variable gravity situations in a physically realistic way. However it can lose some of the dramatic impact because of the cartoonish nature of current technology. I do know an animator though...


Lurker