Friday, September 30, 2005

Comic book reviews!

Lousy subscriptions. I give up. The $ saved isn't worth the hassle.

So, I gave in and swooped up issues I should've already gotten (plus new stuff):


New Avengers 9, 10: Sentry! Yay! Quite good, if a bit decompressed. Not sure how it jives the the LS though....

New Avengers 11: Ronin! A new, mystery avenger. Is it Daredevil? I'm guessing its Wolverine...

Young Avengers 6: Gosh, its been too long since I read 5. Ends about like I expected. Not sure if I like the name Stature though...

Young Avengers 7: Well, here it is folks, the comics industry first teenage gay couple. Wait till the press hears about this!

Sentry #1 of 8: Yes! This is what I've waited years for! God-like superhero thats just barely sane.

New Warriors #4 of 6: Good characterization. The newwest Warrior has a fun attitude.

Black Pather #8: This has got to be the worst editted book I've ever read. I have no idea how this book fits into the Marvel Universe. There's no conistancy. With Priest there were always more layers and subtext woven into the story than any comic I've seen since. But Hudlin references things that can't possibly have happened, or the timeline is totaly out of whack! Grr...

Defenders #3 of 5: Dripping with sarcasm and pithy remarks. Still not quite what I want from a Defenders comic though...



Lurker
(Poker Night is every Sunday after 6:30!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed catching up on your blog. I'd like to keep mine going but I don't know how and keep in line with OPSEC so I guess i'l just let it go. I miss you. I would like to hear your political comentary. Keep thinking

love Dad